Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

disable Print Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrey

MIS
Apr 11, 2007
US
Is there a way to disable the option Print Screen in Citrix, so users that connect to our Presentaion Server 4.0 can not "print Screen" the data and paste it in there local PC?

I think you have to disable clipboard mapping. (Disables copy and psate to and from the server)

-- Jason
"It's Just Ones and Zeros

I did on the Citrix Connection Configuration Console, but somehow it does not work. It does for RDP though...

Did you make sure that you tested with a NEW connection? Did you reboot the server?

-- Jason

yes, I did. I can see that I can not copy and paste from the server to the client, but if I do a Print Screen + Alt, I am able to paste that in the client computer.

The Print Screen is not the same as copy/paste. Print Screen is capturing an IMAGE of the data.

I thought you were suggesting that they were able to copy/paste the actual data to their PC.

You cannot disable a person's LOCAL Print Screen function via a Citrix server setting.

-- Jason

Sorry for confusion. I know that is not the same, but CAN disable that Alt + Print Screen, when RDP to a server, so I thought that one could do the same with Citrix.

Are you sure? I've never looked for that setting but I know that in our environment we can print screen from both RDP and Citris sessions but when pasting the print screen it takes a long time.

Where is that RDP setting?

-- Jason

Is the same, "clipboard mapping". I disabled it in RDP-tcp thru the tscc console.

Can you try this?

Open an RDP session...make sure the window is not maximixed and fits entirely on your local desktop.

Press PRINT SCREEN.

Open Word or Paint.

Press CTL-V.

Wait at least 5 minutes or so.

The reason I ask this is because our clipboard mapping for both RDP and ICA is disabled. But this works (because you're not using the server's clipboard)

-- Jason

Ok, so I did, and Print scree + Alt does not work if the Window is maximixed, but as soon as change the size of the windows it does work! Weird... How can it change base on the size of the window?

You can't -- here's what you're experiencing.

1. When the window is maximized and you're on the RDP session's desktop the PRINT SCREEN button command is sent to the RDP SESSION (and requires the clipboard to bring the PRINT SCREENED image to be "brought back" to the local desktop)

2. When the window is minimized, and you can see your desktop AND the RDP desktop, the PRINT SCREEN button command is sent to the LOCAL PC

I guess you could research the ability to prevent the RPD session window from being minimized.

-- Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back