Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disable phantom ACD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ITSteveIS

IS-IT--Management
Dec 23, 2004
US
Our company's founder lost his daughter last week. She worked at our company and we would like to permanently disable her extension.

Now, I've created a phanton ACD with her old extension. But when someone calls it, now it just rings and rings.

I would like to disable the extension so that they get busy signals and the DN not show up in the LUDN pool.

Any ideas? Am I doing it wrong?

Thanks.

Steve

take the acd out and build an analog port, then disu the port.. all prompts are default except the dn

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks for the quick reply.

If I build an analog port, won't I have to use a TN? Those are scarce around here.

I just wanted her old DN retired.

Is there a way to do that? Or am I not thinking on the same line as you.

FYI, I inherited this phone stuff so I don't know much about it except very basic maintenance.

Thanks.

What about sending it to an announcement in voicemail, which disconnects after playing it? You could use your phantom ACD and NCFW it to voicemail, linking it to the announcement (having deleted the mailbox).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back