Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disable or Remove close button from custom menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

shb46

Programmer
Jul 11, 2001
GB
Hi

How can I disable, or better still remove altogether, the close button x from a custom menu.

I've searched through the FAQs and forum and I can disable the close button in the database window but cannot find how to disable this on a menu.

Thanks
Sue

Hi shb46,

In the Form's Properties:

Close Button = No

Hope I'm reading the question correctly.

Bill

I'm trying to remove the close button on a cutsom menu bar and not on a form. All my forms have already got the Close button property set to No.

Sue

Looked into this a bit further.

A custom menu bar should take on the attributes of the form. But it seems this isn't the case in Access 97. So can't help there.

If you are using Access 2000 + then as long as you dock the Menu where ie your Form View menu is docked and you set the Docking properties of the custom menu bar to "Can't Change", should work.

I have an example you could look at, at the file to look at is "Filter a Form by using Buttons A-Z and 0-9". Right click on the menu bar of the startup form and select "Custom 1", in Access 2000 ver you will see (if you have 2000) that the x is gone. In 97 this doesn't work.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back