Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disable -NFS Server

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 14, 2005
US
Hi all,

I have NIM server with AIX 5300-06,Now due to Security threads my Network/Security team wants me to disable NFS Server ,How do i disable NFS Server services,
I edited /etc/inittab -#rcnfs:23456789:wait:/etc/rc.nfs > /dev/console 2>&1 # Start NFS Daemons, rebooted system but still NFS is active,what else need to be done in order to disable NFS services..? Any help or guideline/url is appreciated.

Take a look at the command rmnfs. You can use this to change nfs so as not to start.

When changing /etc/inittab you should use a colon " : " to comment out entries.

Uh, is it just me? Without NFS server you won't be doing a lot of NIM install/update tasks...

HTH,

p5wizard

AIX is has tools for inittab edits, mkitab , rmitab . You can just remove it and readd it with a comment and stopsrc -g nfs will stop all nfs and rpc services. And yes, no nfs/rpc means no NIM. ( it will fail at least, probably should remove the nim client from inittab as well in that case )

Hi Guys,

For Now i have just stop NFS services from smitty NFS- network file system(NFS)-Configure NFS on this system-Stop NFS.

Thanks for all your replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back