Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disable MWI system-wide - Modular Messaging

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will A

MIS
Oct 6, 2016
US
Is there a way to disable MWI system-wide in Modular Messaging?

thanks,
will

For the curious, we're in the process of migrating users from Modular Messaging to another voicemail platform, and there seems to be a nightly process on Modular Messaging that syncs MWI. We want to leave Modular Messaging in place for a few weeks to allow people to continue to access their old messages, but new messages should be hitting it. So it's just confusing users to have their light lit when they have no new messages.

You can change the COS to no MWI or you can disable the MWI service all together in the VMD. Best way is in COS and then run the update MWI and it should turn off all of the lights.

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Thanks Ken! I'm good with the cos change, but how/where do you update mwi?

What's the VMSC? I just have the Modular Messaging web gui, and there's no mwi update there that I could find.

You must have a server 2003 box somewhere do you have a single server config ?

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Unfortunately, there's no documentation on accessing those servers.

I'll disable mwi on all of the Modular Messaging cos's, migrate everyone to the new voicemail system, and update mwi system-wide on the new system. That should work, while still being able to leave the old system in place for a bit to allow folks to retrieve old messages.

Thanks Ken!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back