Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disable MWI completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sambooka

IS-IT--Management
Apr 3, 2012
CA
Hi. We are having some issues with VM synching between exchange/mapigw/nupoint.
Most of our users use Outlook for everything anyway and several have asked me to just turn off the flashing lamps.
I changed the Disable Ringing Lamp Notification and that takes care of the lamp at the top. Any ideas how to completely disabled the message waiting button?
Thanks

System is a 3300 v7.1 with Nupoint 16.1.0.13.01

With nupoint you can set the mailbox without msg notification

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Thanks. Helps that I wasnt looking in the right place.
What I dont understand is that even if I turn off Message Waiting in the mailbox (was set to Mitai) the lamp keeps flashing.
Is there something else I am missing?

Thanks

Ah, sorry, you need to turn the lamp off before disabling the notification

The user should clear all unplayed messages before you turn off the notification

Or

There is a lamps Test function available via the Text Based console for the Nupoint that can set the Lamp to On/Off/Existing.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Check your Feature Access Codes on the controller for "Message Waiting - Deactivate".
If it is, for example, #33, and the extension with the flashing light is 1234, then dial #331234 to switch it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back