Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disable Hunt Group VoiceMail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pluigi

Technical User
Jul 29, 2005
IT
I would like to know if it possible to disable the Hunt Group VoiceMail using a short code, as I can do for personal Voice Mail .

To me it seems that short codes *18 / *19 are valid only for personal voice mail.

I use VPM 3.0.15 with 2 IP403 on SCN (one with version 3.0.44 the other one with 2.1.35)

Regards.
Luigi

You can with VM-Pro Play Configuration Menu Action.

This action allows various user or hunt group settings to be altered. Because of the nature of this action it should always be protected by a PIN code in its General tab. See Using a Play Configuration Menu Action.

The options given when a caller accesses this action are:

For a user:

Edit forwarding number.

Edit follow me number.

Set call forwarding.

Set voicemail on/off.

Set do not disturb.

Edit voicemail code.

Edit voicemail reception.

Set voicemail email mode.

Edit voicemail callback number.
For a hunt group:

Set voicemail on/off.

Edit voicemail code.

Set voicemail email mode.

Set service mode.

For details of the default tabs see Standard Action Tabs, this section details only tabs and settings specific to this type of action.

Specific Tab:

Caller's mailbox: The mailbox matching the start point of the call.

Mailbox: Select or enter the name of the target mailbox.

Any changes made using this type of action are written to a file called "AuditTrail.txt" on the Voicemail Server PC. The file includes the time, date, details of the change and the CLI of the caller making the change.

greets Peter

Thanks a lot this is really usefull !

Thanks
Luigi

you could of set up your own short code like *17/*18 etc as well!

[lightsaber]

how the short code will be for hunt group ?

Simply create a short code using something which is free in your range. Setup as follows:

Shortcode: Choose free shortcode eg *61

Telephone Number: Use Hunt Group Name eg "?Main"
(check helpfile to ensure you format names correctly)

Feature: Voicemail On

You can do the same using another code eg *62, for Voicemail Off.

The the user entering the code must be a member of the group to do this, or you would have to setup a voicemail code on the group to access from any extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back