Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disable General Mailbox on TVS100 - How do I do this? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sol65

Technical User
Apr 10, 2005
US
I would like to completely disable the general mailbox on my TVS-100. I am familiar with programming through hyperterminal but cannot seem to find the option to do this. My phone system is the KXTD1232 (although this probably does not matter). Thanks in advance for the assistance that anyone is able to render.

you cant disable however you can point any messages that would go to this GDM to another mailbox look in software under GDM if your v/mail is setup properly you should never know uou have a genral dilivery mailbox let us know what way your system & v/mail should work and we will try to sort it for you ...

Thanks to everyone for trying.

The GDM can also be hit if your attendant function aren't set correctly, or callers are directed to a non-existing mailbox. The rotary directed calls can get there too.

Anyone know if you can forward these calls to another mailbox? Its been awhile since I've had this problem, I called Pana Tech help a few years back to fix this on my FIRST one...READ: my fault!

Don't give up or you'll be baby-sitting their G.D.M.

Thanks KXTDdude. I won't be babysitting "their" GDM because I'm the owner of the system so it's "my" GDM - hence my motivation to kill off the darn thing. I've just about accomplished it, though. In the TVS100 programming I've changed the no DTMF option from "operator" (choice c) to a ring group of three extensions that for all practical purposes serves as the operator. I've also made this change in usual press 0 for operator choice in each of my custom service menus. Also, in the program for the KXTD1232 I've disabled the operator rather than pointing it to a particular jack. This is not a problem because during most of the time that a call is being handled by the TVS100 a custom service menu is active which will direct all presses of the "0" key to the above mentioned extension ring group. Next, I will turn off the press 0 for operator prompt that comes up when an unanswered extension goes to voice mail and then I will be all set. Right now, that prompt leads to a dead end rather than the GDM

I'm all set now, but Panasonic should recognize that for many of us a GDM is very undesirable and it should be easier to kill it off. Thanks again to everyone for all the help!

im sure you know this but for the benefit of future readers with simular prob you can setup a mailbox for the group and then the grp will take messages which you can auto forward from the grp mailbox to a single phones mailbox

Thank you for mentioning this, rivet. I do have a mailbox for the group, which autoforwards after 5 minutes exactly as you say to a single mailbox.

At this point, one would be unaware that the GDM exists, which is very good!

Before I knew about the GDM a message had gone in there and I did not know about it for several days, until I discovered it upon going in to record some custom service greetings. That's what motivated me to kill it off.

the setup sounds good to me if you neet any further advice dont hesatate to ask

best of luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back