Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

disable fingerprint logon on Levono laptop 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LohneB

Programmer
May 4, 2000
US
I have a Levono laptop with the fingerprint logon feature, and I would like to disable that feature so that I can get back to the simple XP logon screen (listing users). I have tried removing anything related to "Levono" in the "Startup" tab of the System Configuration screen. This should be a fairly simple thing to do, but I have been unable to find a method that works. When trying to set the logon screen to just show the users, I get a message that says the vrlogon.dll is the problem.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Bill

Bill
ab-web-design

Start>programs>thinkvantage>thinkvantage fingerprint software>control center>system settings>first tab

If it's not there, send us the exact model Lenovo you've got. If it's really a Levono, we're all in trouble.

Thanks - will get the exact information out here in the morning when I get my hands on the computer for additional updates.

Bill
ab-web-design

Model is a SL510. I can find the "thinkvantage" program and am able to disable it for now. Thanks for the quick, and accurate, response. I do like this product - it works! Again, thanks!!

Bill
ab-web-design

The Model number, SL510, is for the Lenovo laptop! Sorry about that!

Bill
ab-web-design

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back