Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disable extension to extension calls 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

smartedge1

IS-IT--Management
May 10, 2013
NG
We want have 5XXX range of extensions on Avaya ip office release 11 and only permit calls to only 5015 extension . We tried code 5XXX feature barred , telephone number 5XXX on the user short-code and code 5XXX feature barred , telephone number blank on the user short-code but not working . What else can we do ?

@IPOTS We tried code 5XXX feature barred , telephone number 5# .This did not work.Please help .

I just tried on my lab system and if you have an internal user it will always match that user.
No way to restrict that.
You could restrict dialing if the 5xxx range was on another ip Office networked together.
But not on the same system.

There is a way that works when they pick up the phone before dialing but it is a real McGyver job

1. take all extensions out of the directory
2. add a shortcode for auto dialing to a vm module
3. create the vm module and play dialtone to fake a normal call behaviour
4. allow calls to 5015 and outside only

again this will only work if they don't start dialing from digital or IP phone without going off hook

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

Try 5XX /Dial 5015. In theory when you get to the third digit it should dial 5015. I am at work and don't have a lab system to test on, but it would be worth a try.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

@budbyrd
I tried the shortcode and you can still dial the extensions as long as you don't wait for a long time with the last digit

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

I found a way that may work for you,

Put all the users you don't want to receive calls in Do not Disturb.
Uncheck Voicemail.
Create Short Code i.e. *84/Barred.
On the forward tab check Forward on busy and forward internal calls to SC *84

Now when a user dials that extension they get a busy.

... and give them all analog phones (so they can't see the directory) and ?D/5015/Dial Extn system short code.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

And the first answer was correct, you can't stop it, you can only make it very hard.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Its a call center and we noticed agents make calls to themselves to prevent answering external calls . We want agent to be only able to call supervisor extension 5015 .Please help.

Are they just taking incoming calls or are they also making outbound? If they are only supposed to be taking inbound and not making outbound sizbut's ?D/5015/Dial Extn system short code. should stop them from calling anything but the supervisor.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

Yes its an inbound and outbound call center . They often make outbound calls to customers too .

Yes we figured that call center agents are cheating the system in reports . Although we can see this information in report we want to totally prevent agent from doing it in first place .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back