Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disable/Enable Huntgroup Voicemail with a Shortcode

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrfil13

Programmer
Aug 17, 2012
GB
Is it possible to turn the VM on and off for a huntgroup via a shortcode?

Ive tried for example

Voicemail On
"?Test1"

Voicemail off
"?Test1"

The system i am testing this on has VM Pro but the client is just normal embedded VM.

What im trying to achieve is for them to have two mailboxes with two greetings so that they do not have to record over the main HG VM.

The setup is

DDI > Main HG with VM
Fallback on DDI > Night Service HG with VM

Putting the Main HG to Night Service results in the Main VM been used as VM is enabled on the Main HG.
If i can get the Main HG VM to able to turn it on/off then we can get the fallback VM working.

Thanks
Phil

Switching of VM on the main group will not help, the call will still be routed to the VM for the main group.

the only way to achieve this manually on embedded VM is to add a phantom user into the NS group set to divert hunt group calls to a short code that performs a direct mailbox drop.

examples of this type of programming have been given many times over the years.

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Sorry i think there's some confusion, when i say fallback i mean on the Incomming call route not the huntgroup itself. I know this works i have done it in the past and the above worked once the VM was turned off on the main group.

Thanks for the advice on the drop to mailbox on the phantom user, never come across that method before.

I can understand your reasoning on using the fall-back option on the DDI, unfortunately i know of no way to turn of VM on a hunt group from a handset (it might be possible using VM Pro but if you have VM pro then this problem would not be an issue anyway)

the phantom user is a very common approach to getting embedded VM/VM Lite to do things that are not expected.

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back