Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disable changing of account name

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheekyboo

IS-IT--Management
Dec 2, 2002
BN
Hi all!

How do I disable my users from changing their account name?

[ponytails2]

I use Merak, as far as I know the account name change is disabled by default, I have several accounts on the server and neither of them can be changed by any of the account holders.

I setup a test account as a standard user, then logged in using the web interface, when I click on settings, then account, the account name is as set when the account was created and there's no option to change it.

As an example, go to this link and create a test account, (I can delete it after you have tested it), then login with the same link, and enter your login details previously created, then try to change your account name, then let me know if you can or not.

Hi usalabs3!

Thanks for your response.. that question is already a year old and yet I still have not found any solutions to it :)

Anyway, I tried going to that link you gave me but it says "page cannot be displayed".

Up till now the account names can be changed by my users from their settings.

[ponytails2]

I don't know what the problem is with the link, but I've checked the link, it does work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back