Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

disable caller ID for one call

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimeec

MIS
May 29, 2003
US
Is there a way to set up a code for users to dial before they dial 9+areacode+7 digit # so they go out as private or unknown on the caller ID just for the one call.I have both Nortel 81c and Cisco CM and in the 81c I set up a FFC (flexible feature code) of *67 to go out private for the one call.Is there anything comparable in cisco CM?

You could set up duplicate route pattern(s) with some other dialing prefix (such as *679.@). Then make your changes to the Calling Party Transformations on that route pattern.

I believe this can also be done by setting up a Translation Pattern ie, *67 and doing the manipulation there, then hitting your regular RP's.
Since there was a mention of an Opt81c, I am assuming that the outbound calls will be on a PRI where inside CCM manipulation of CLID is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back