Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disable call transfer external(over trunk) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

huntsville

Vendor
Mar 27, 2004
IN
have seen many similar posts, but was not helpful for me yet!

How can i disable a user from transfering his DN call, over a Pri trunk. The initial DN call may be from a same PRI or another PRI.

i tried CFXD, and changing cfw value to a small digits..but still the user can press Transfer call.
help!

is this a inbound call that is being transfer to a tie? if so you can block that via targ but almost anyway you block that is going to be system wide.. cdb can modified.. how much are willing to block? delete the users transfer key

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Sounds like a job for Flexible Trunk to Trunk Connections

First step is to decide on the CLS FTTR, FTTU or FTTC on each set. Make the CLS change, then turn the feature on to all set. Then you "turn it on" in Customer Data Block by responding to the "FTOP" prompt with "FTLY"

It is not something to activate on a whim...

The values CFXD, CFW 4, or whatever are for Call Forward and do not affect Call Transfer.

~
Gene of ~

I changed FTOP to FTLY, and tried with CLS FTTR, FTTU or FTTC.
no luck !

If the trunk route is built as a TIE, change it to DID - that is all I can imagine.

Why TIE is picked so often is a mystery to me. Take a look at the Access Restrictions matrix and you got one choice...wide open or FR2

~
Gene of ~

Its DID trunk already.
And I want them to make calls over Trunk, so i cant restrict it in FCR. I only need to block transfering calls over the trunk.

Can you tell us what steps were performed and the order you performed each step of the Flexible Trunk to Trunk test?..

Let me guess, you had a person in the next office call you and you transfered them out.

Not a trunk to trunk call.

~
Gene of ~

Just because the caller can press Transfer doesn't mean it will Transfer the 10 digit number with CFXD, (Call Forward All Calls to External DN Denied).

Try to Limit the Call Forwarded to CFW 5 on Key used for Forwarding and see what happends.

Our users can only Forward with CFXA in Class of Service with Department Approval. All our Forwarding is 5 Digit Dialing within our system. Call Forwarding External is Denied by Default to all users (CFXD) in Class of Service.

Good Luck
LACityTech

Hi, just wondering how you made out with blocking tranfers off campus on a per phone basis.

you can put "CFWR yes on the Route that you are using (LD 16). CFWR= call forward restriction

Muntanha (MIS) 6 Apr 06 15:13 - thanks for posting that!... I suspect Rls 3.x to 4.x folks might have it and it seems like a great LD16 control (I read about in the Features and in the Admin LDs books).

It is part of "International Supplementary Features" for those curious...a feature rarely providied on 25.x and before in the USA...too bad. So many great things

~
TEKIMG19K.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back