Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disable boundary routing mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 28, 2002
DE
Hi,

I have a problem with the 3Com Superstack II Netbuilder 3C8227C.

I tried to set the routing mode to IP-Only but I always get an error message when I want to set control to "route" or when I try to set an IP address.

The messages look like this:

Cannot set Control to Route when in boundary routing mode.
Cannot set Netaddr when in boundary routing mode.

I looked for an option to disable the boundary routing mode but I couldn't find anything yet.

I deleted all the configuration files and it still has settings by default when I restart it (like the remote manager or the telnet manager settings that were set long time ago).

I also tried looking in the 3Com knowledgebase but it seems I can't login with the username and password that our company has.

Does anyone know how I can reset the settings completely or modify them that the boundarty routing mode is disabled without installing another OS version ?

Thx for your time

Dread

Hi, Dread. What´s the software version are you using ? Boundary routing mode depends of version you are using, its not a option you´ll find searching menus. It happened with me cause I was using Supersatck II Netbuilder 222 with software version 9.3, BX. This version already set the router to Boundary routing mode. I had to upgrade software version to 9.3, AB. This set the router automatically to IP-only routing (Bridge or Route).

I hope it help !!!

Topoh

I just took another Router and it probably had another software version.

Since we hadn't any of the manuals/documentations for this routers anymore (I don't know who trashed them but someone did I guess) I didn't want to mess this thing up.

Anyways the software version the other router had worked fine for me.

Thx anyway ;)

Dread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back