Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disable Auto Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

timmoat

Technical User
Mar 6, 2007
I am in a pickle here; I need to stop the AUTO ARCHIVE after X days feature in GroupWise.

I have changed what I thought would work by using Console One and changing the option on the Client Options to Manual Archive & Delete and locking this down.

Yet when clients go in the archive still runs?!

How would one syncronise this change out to the Clients?

If you can let me know this then I think that is problem solved!!!

Those settings can be made under the Domain and under the PO. Make sure both sets agree.

--
The stagehand's axiom: "Never lift what you can drag, never drag what you can roll, never roll what you can leave.

Ah, thank you.

Can I ask, is that all that is required in order for this to propegate out to the Client machines when they login to GroupWise?

Many thanks

Tim

Yes, that should be all you need to do.

--
The stagehand's axiom: "Never lift what you can drag, never drag what you can roll, never roll what you can leave.

You can also set that at the user level. The best practice would be set your preferred option at the domain level, then lock it so any lower level settings won't take effect.

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE
Marvin Huffaker Consulting, Inc.
A Novell Platinum Partner

Thanks for your answers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back