Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disable auto archive on client machines

Status
Not open for further replies.

unsworthcl

IS-IT--Management
Mar 22, 2005
GB
Hi guys

Is there a way to disable auto archive message to appear on client machines, from the Exchage Server? I do not fancy manually removing this from everyone's pc.

You can do it with a GPO I think.

Get the Admin template for OL2003 as an example then look at Tools/Options - other - autoarchive.

If you enable it but untick the turn on autoarchive and apply the policy it should stop it appearing.

I'm presuming you'll have to get a template for each version of Outlook you have in use.

Haven't actually been allowed to try this by my company unfortunately.

Neill

Thanks for the reply...

Just a few q's

what is GPO?

We only have outlook 2003 running on client machines. Would there be a default template I can change? If so how do I deploy? (if necessary)

Group Policy Object.

You need to download the adm templates from Microsoft. Have a look in the Office support area for the Office 2003 Resource Kit files, ork.exe.

Also download the group policy management console.

Buy a good book on Group Policy like Group Policy, Profiles and Intellimirror by Jeremy Moskowitz.

Don't do anything with Group Policy unless you know what you are doing. Too easy to screw things up badly.

Neill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back