Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disable Asterisk transfer feature for single extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

jenkins84

Vendor
Dec 9, 2014
CH
I have a UCx with an analog extension on a digital gateway FXS port that is wired to an autodialer for underground monitoring at a coal mine. It is grabbing a PRI channel and dialing out to a series of preprogrammed cell phone numbers. The call connects fine, however the dialer asks for an acknowledgement code of 1##. This code is hard programmed into the autodialer and cannot be changed. When the called phone dials the ## part of the acknowledgement code, it remotely trips the blind transfer asterisk code. Is there any way to disable this for a single extension, through custom context or otherwise? Is there a way to disable remote feature code activation without disabling DTMF? I do not want to have to change the asterisk feature code, though I know this is an option, as I will have to reprogram every extension for a different code on the call park feature. Thank you.

Go to the configuration page for the extension, check the Override checkbox next to the Asterisk Dial Options field and enter the value "r" (instead of the default Ttr). After this change, for calls originated from the extension, neither the caller nor the callee will be able to use transfer features. The ## will then be sent as regular DTMF tones (not intercepted and interpreted as a blind transfer invocation).

Changed setting and tested. This does disable if I dial internal, but when I dial out I am still able to use ##. I am using a Digium G100 PRI gateway which is connected to UCx by a SIP trunk.

You're right - the extension option overrides the Asterisk Dial Options (used for internal calls), not the Asterisk Outbound Trunk Dial Options (used for external calls).

As there is no override for the trunk options at the extension level, the only option I can think of is this:
- configure another SIP trunk pretty much identical to the one you use currently for your Digium gateway
- in the configuration of the new trunk, override Asterisk Trunk Dial Options by checking the Override checkbox and leave the field blank
- create a new outbound route that will use this new trunk and define a dial pattern for this route with a new unused prefix
- configure the auto-dialer connected to the FXS port to use this new prefix
In theory, it might work. [bigsmile]

Ok, I have it set up as such. I did not build a second SIP trunk, although I saw that as possibly what I would end up having to do. I have the SIP trunk to the Digium G100 set on override with a T, which should allow caller to transfer, but not the called phone. When I dial out I can do a ## from the internal extension, but not from my cell phone (yea!!). When I call in from my cell phone I can do a ## from either the internal extension or my cell phone (does this make sense?). I do not think this will be a problem, as I am not sure they want people they call to be able to transfer them anyway. Am I just being stupid, or missing something obvious? Is there a scenario where you would want to give this control to an outside phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back