Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disable Add printer by device?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vidarz

MIS
Jun 27, 2007
US
We have some terminal servers set up and have people who keep trying to install printers. I know of the Group Policy Object that can prevent this, but it is on a user basis. Is there any way to set this up on a by device basis? Doesn't have to be a GPO change. Users are not local admins, but as the system is set up now they can still add network printers.

I know the easy solution is to change IT users into a different OU and just apply the user setting to all regular users and not to IT users. But unfortunately this is the first we have had need of a set up like this and it has a lot of other things that need to be considered.

Any help and/or insight is appreciated as always. Seems like I am always asking questions but never able to give answers. So many here are just so fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back