Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disabeling leaving Message opt? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 10, 2003
US
Here's an actual request.. Can anyone help? I know it's probably minute, but any help would be appreciated.

Deb receives calls that no one else knows what to do with. That is, if somebody calls and the phone operator doesn't know who to direct the call to, she passes it to Deb at 417 or 506. This has become such a burden that Deb is spending all her time returning messages from these two extensions. Our solution to direct these generic calls to extension 506 where the caller will be instructed to attend an orientation which will be held twice monthly. Therefore, we want the callers directed to 506 to be able only to learn about the orientation, without the option of leaving a message.

That's it really. Just disable the voicemail option on ext 506, so that a caller can ONLY hear our prerecorded message. And to insure that after hours callers who only need general information are also directed to ext 506 (which I believe is option 7 on the recorded menu).

Didn't you get this taken care of under your previous post?

No, that was the other situation where I needed to allow a whole department to be able to pick up each other's line from a fourth line.

in AUDIX on page 2 for subscriber 506,

under PERMISSIONS
Type: bulletin-board

The callers will hear the greeting and have no chance to leave a message.

It is the same as this one
thread690-526379

Yes, you're right. I was told to set up a BB there, but no one ever told me how. This thing can be pretty confusing at times. Teleron told me exactly what to do, THANKS :)

I have it set up now.

Thanks everyone :)

You could have just dropped another post in the other one asking how to set the BB.
Glad you got it figutred out.

You could also list cos in audix. Most probably you have one allready programmed to lsiten only. Use that as you audix COS. Also if you have a g3R you could use option 5 and 7 to have audix stop accepting any msgs.( i ususally advise this for those employees going on vacation)

About BB. Is there a way to force the call to drop after the message is heard? I set one up as a weather bulitin board so staff would know if we are open for business but got comments that message held line open and did not drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back