Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DISA Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 16, 2005
US
Hi everyone,

I would like to setup DISA on my Norstar CICS 6.1, CP 100. Since there are only 4 analog CO lines, I don't want to dedicate a CO for DISA, therefore I was hoping to use the DISA DN. Currently, all CO lines go to CP AA immediately. Is it possible to dial the DISA DN and enter the COS password and have it work? Is a services cart. needed?

Thanks,
Matt

you will need a services cartridge, combo cartridge, or a E&M card.

----------------------------
JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

DISA will work wih CICS out of the box. The internal AA needs the receiver(s). A MICS would requires a services card, E&M or combo card to work.

It works well if the loop line is answered with DISA but I have not been able to direct a call to the DISA DN from the CP100. The Norstar does not recognize the DISA DN as a valid DN. I don't have any more time to play with it now. I suppose you could direct a call to an ATA which is connected to spare line port that is configured to answer with DISA.

Rob

What are you trying to achieve?

PhM

VVV

rconn,

Same issue I've been having. Norstar does not recognize the DISA DN. Therefore, the CP won't recognize it. Even having attendant attempt to transfer me to DISA DN will NOT work. I really don't know what to do, and I only have one LS card, and all 4 co's are occupied.

Boss wants to use DISA to make business calls from his home (using the office's long distance service) to do so. He also wants the ability to page from his house. DISA would be perfect, but I can't get it to work.

Thanks,
Matthew

I am interested in seeing if this can work as well. I am intersted in accessing DISA from outside the system, but do not have room (or want to) dedicate an entire CO line to DISA...

I am also running a CP100 with a CICS 6.1

Don't get me wrong, I love my CICS, but I just think that it is rather ridiculous that, if true, the Norstar requires a services or E&M cart. because the CICS does not have enough DTMF receivers to handle the load of DISA....

Just my 2 cents!

- Matthew

If we did add another line just for DISA, adding a LS/DS card for the extra line, could we just configure that line for DISA access? Or will we still run into the problem of not enough DTMF rec.?

Thanks,
Matthew

Mathew,

You would still have a resource problem. Consider VOIP options as well. Don't know if an E&M card will work in a CICS cabinet. There are other ways to get dial tone back out of a CICS/Call Pilot for private use. They are not as secure as DISA, but possible. I don't want to post the other options on a public forum. This is one for your vendor.

As for remote paging that can be accomplished with the CP2.0 or a Bogen TAMB from the IATA.

PhM

VVV

Arr,

Thanks for the info. May go down the VoIP route via the CICS IATA connected to an IP SIP FXO gateway to try to get this to work. Thanks again for the help.

Matthew

Looks what happens when you go out for St. Patrick's Day.

I would love to get the call into DISA without using an ATA but have still not figured out a way other than the ATA into a trunk port. If you are answering only one line with DISA in the CICS I don'r see a resource problem. The DTMF receivers are only required to route the call. E&M cards are only for trunk modules with a MICS. Adding a line just for that purpose will work but it always nice when some inovation can save the customer some money. Is there a POS line that could be added to the CICS in another card. The POS line is only used for out going debit calls and so could be used for DISA. The internal ATA could service the POS terminal.

Thinking out loud.

Rob

I'm going to test the following after hours tonight: Connect a VoIP (SIP) ATA to the LS/DS card (Line4), and set that line for DISA auto answer. Will call via softphone into that line & just see what happens. I will post back with the results.

Thanks,
Matthew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back