Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DISA PAGING ACCESS ON BCM 50 6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetKC

Technical User
Jan 20, 2012
US
I HAVE A CUSTOMER WHO NEEDS REMOTE ACCESS TO OUTSIDE PAGING SPEAKERS OR FEATURE 62. THEY HAVE A PRI FOR TRUNKS AS WELL.

I'm not certain if this can be done, but I would guess that you would need to go into Element Manager and navigate via

"Configuration", "Telephony", "Dialing Plan" and "Public Networks" to get to the Public DISA DN area. You will probably have to use a DID number programmed via a Target line. There are serious concerns when using DISA as it opens up dial through fraud, so be careful and test everything to prevent unauthorized access.

From highlighting the "Public DISA DN" tab, it suggests that you can access the BCM features.

I would give this a try and you may need to try out some of the other codes using their features.

I'm assuming that the standard "*" and "#" symbols will work via this function?.

Firebird Scrambler
Nortel and Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer

Very advance high level knowledge on the Linux BCM phone system.

Website

Thanks Firebird...I will give that a shot and let you know.

Remote access package programming plus a COS password will be necessary also. Use the star key in place of Feature (*611).

I went the CallPilot route with CCR path to page...the DN length didn't match for DISA. We will try on Monday

Call Pilot park/page route is only for pre-recorded messages and to put call on park...recordings are only recorded on site. Customer is requesting all page or recordings prompts to be done offsite. They want the ability to Page Mall for Emergency 911 or weather issues.
Also an issue with DISA, 3-digit DNs and 3- digit DIDs...UGH, I'm striking out.

You can remotely record auto attendant greetings via mailbox 102 (managers mailbox), check the manual on how to.

What these issues with DISA and 3 digits?

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back