Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DISA operation in a cluster 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

KAS55

Technical User
Sep 1, 2008
GB
I am trying to get DISA operation working in a multi node cluster to activate the call forward third party feature. I am able to get it working for extensions on the same controller that the DISA number is configured on, but not for extensions on a different controller within the same cluster. Any ideas? Thanks.

Simplest method is to activate a DISA code on each system that can be accesed from the one already set up. The other systems would not need outside access.

To access system 2 dial DISA for system 1, get dial tone, Dial DISA for system 2, get dial tone and proceed.

Primary DISA system should have authentication. the others do not require it.

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

Thanks for the information. Should the DISA numbers be in the remote tel dir? What I am trying to achieve is that a user would dial into the system, enter the feature code, their own extension then the destination number for the call forward. The DISA number is on one controller, the extension to be controlled is on a different controller. Using the method you propose, would the caller be able to do this from the original DISA number? I think what I am trying to say is that the caller should need to dial one number. Sorry if this is a bit confusing!! Thanks.

The DISA numbers for the remote systems would be in the Remote Directory of the primary system.

Users accessing DISA would first dial into the Primary then access their specific controller, then enter the FAC.

Personally, I would not be giving this power to the average user. Mistakes can and will be made.

Thanks for the update. Unfortunately I have to try this route as I am trying to address the issue of allowing users to change their call forwarding remotely via a mobile or other external device. Not all users would have access to the web. Are there any other methods to provide this feature you are aware of? We are currently on version 7 (but planning for MCD4). We have Mobile Extension, but it is too expensive to provide to all the 3000+ users we have. We have NuPoint 640E and have explored Call Director and also giving users access to Desk Top tool, but the driver is to do this from a mobile or other external device. Thanks.

I said nothing about requiring Web Access.

All done via TUI.

I would be afraid to even think about enabling DISA for 3000+ users.

I would go with a custom application solution. Users would be calling a designated number and use a menu to control call forwarding of their extensions. Access should be protected by individual PINs and finctionality limited to call forwarding control only.

Slapin, I kinda glossed over that. Read the part about the web and the rest didn't sink in. Good catch.

KAS55 - If your intent is to role out DISA to 3000+ users for this purpose then yikes. Good luck with that. Oh, and have you considered the Toll Fraud ramifications? Might want to think about the hidden costs of bandaid solutions.

Thanks to Slapin and kwbMitel for their input.

Slapin - we have considered mobile extension as the solution, but as mentioned in the earlier entry it is expensive. Do you have any other solution in mind? The description you give is exactly what we require. I need to be able to allow users to change and enable/disable call forwards from a remote device. Our current provider suggested the DISA route till we finally get to MCD4.

kwbMitel - thanks for your responses. We are aware of the toll ramifications. Is there any reason why using DISA to enter the call forward third party access code will not work across a cluster as described?

Thanks for your patience and input with this request

KAS55, up until now I've been advising you on how I would set it up for limited users (Power Users)

Now that the true scope of your project is revealed, I will change gears so to speak.

With respect to the 3rd pty fwd on a remote system.
The most likely reason(s) for it not working.
- The Cluster Feature code is not set (matched) in the Cluster Element form
- The COS option is not enabled for the trunk
- The feature is not accessible via DISA

Test - Can it be set from a desktop station?
Test - Can is be set from a desktop stn using the trunks COS?

To go a completely different direction, I am more than willing to bet that there is a way to do this via the nupoint by setting up mailboxes to dial out digits captured from users. The Nupoint would prefix the digits with the 3rd pty fwd codes. At most this would require 1 mailbox / system to customize the prefix dialing. Just a thought.

Hi kwbMitel - Thanks for your response. Sorry I have not responded earlier. I have been out of the office this week and not been able to logon.

The 2 tests you mention in your response - Test 1: It can be set from a desktop station for any other extension in the cluster. Test 2: Not sure I know what you mean, could you explain that a bit more please?

I really like the sound of your suggestion using NuPoint. We have just migrated to 640E, which is used as the centralised voice mail system for the whole of our estate. Do you have any suggestions on how to set this up? I can test it and let you know how it goes. Thanks for your assistance, it is much appreciated.

KAS55,

For test 2, change to COS on a desk set to match the COS of the trunk being used for DISA.

Then try test 1 again from the same set (but using trunks COS)

This will prove if the trunks COS is capable of performing the task as opposed to testing via the trunk.

For the Nupoint solution, I don't know how it could be done, I'm only confident it can. Maybe someone else has already set something up similarly and can voice an opinion. Refesher - looking for Nupoint to capture digits dialed by caller and then dial same digits on internal port after dialing prefix digits to set forwarding. Some sort of callback feature for example but used for a different purpose.

Hi. One of the IP3300 controllers in the estate has reported a database error as follows after completing the DBMS check:

DBMS (DBTAUDIT): Verify_ss4_messageQ Referencing a nonexisting record, (table 16, record 374 from record 48)

Does anyone know what this is referencing please?

Also, I am planning to carry out a database backup/restore to resolve it. Is there another method available to clear it without doing the restore?

Thanks

Wow 3000+ users on a DISA yikes. Too bad it wasn't a smaller number because I would think that Dynamic extension would be the way the customer should go. Far more flexible then trying to screw around changing external call forwarding but expensive if you had to buy EHDU licenses for 3000+ people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back