Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DISA functionality with IPOffice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lschaffer

IS-IT--Management
Jul 1, 2004
US
Is there a way to configure IPOffice to allow the Auto Attendant to accept extension number dialing either in addition to, or in place of single-digit assignments?

To configure DISA in VMPro

Internal Numberplan is 2xx
Create a Menu with 2?? and next action a Transfer action with $KEY.

$KEY= take digits from last action.

Greets Peter

Thanks Pete. I'm currently looking at using only the imbedded VM option and not VMPro. I presume this functionality isn't available in the imbedded feature.

I just finished an install that had a 406 with embedded VM. Here's what someone came up with:

Setup action 7 as a Normal Transfer, but leave the Destination field empty. Then you can say "press 7 followed by your parties extension number" and it will work. It's not the best, but this is embedded VM we're talking about...

I'm not sure why, but I think you have to use Action 7. Has anyone else done this?

CZ

The following changes have been made to Embedded Voicemail in IP Office 3.0 core software.

• Auto Attendant Dial In Access
The destination for an auto-attendant transfer action can now be left blank. This will cause users
to be prompted to dial the number they require. The number dialed must match a valid user or

Greets Peter

It works great. Thanks for the help. Is there a technical reference that contains this information? I'm not finding this information in any of the reference materials I have.

I belive that big70 is quoting from the excellent
here's the full text:
IP Office Embedded Voicemail Installation

What's New in IP Office 3.0
The following changes have been made to Embedded Voicemail in IP Office 3.0 core software.

IP406 V2 Support
The IP Office IP406 V2 control unit is supported using a 512MB uncompressed Compact Flash memory card.

Auto Attendant Timeout
Following the playing of the auto attendant prompts, the auto-attendant will wait 8 seconds for a key press. If the auto attendant was accessed via an Incoming Call Route with a Fallback Destination set, inactive callers are transferred to that destination, otherwise the caller is disconnected. IP Office 3.0 allows the auto attendant timeout to be adjusted within the system configuration.

Auto Attendant Dial In Access
The destination for an auto-attendant transfer action can now be left blank. This will cause users to be prompted to dial the number they require. The number dialed must match a valid user or hunt group extension number.

Message Playback Completion
Following the playing of the last message in a mailbox, the user is no longer automatically disconnected. The user will be played a help menu and only disconnected after a period of inactivity.

Maximum Message Length
For system other than the IP401, the default maximum message length is increased to 2 minutes. IP Office 3.0 allows this to be adjusted up to 3 minutes in the system configuration.

Four Digit Mailbox Access Code
Mailbox access codes, where set, are forced to a minimum of 4 digits (maximum is 15 digits).

Remote Mailbox Access
Mailbox access without a specified user name will trigger a request for the mailbox number and then the mailbox access code if set. This allows remote mailbox access through the creation of appropriate short codes or selecting Voicemail as an Incoming Call Route destination.

Mailbox Help
Mailbox users can dial *4 for help prompts. These help prompts are also played automatically following the playing of the last message in a mailbox.

Voicemail Reception Number
Callers leaving messages can dial *0 to be transferred to the mailbox user's Voicemail Reception number. This number is set through the IP Office configuration.

Multi-Lingual Operation
For systems other than the IP401, the user Locale can be used to override the system Locale to set which language prompts are used. See Languages Supported.

Prompt Pre-Load
All prompts for IP Office 3.0 embedded voicemail are now pre-loaded onto new memory cards when supplied. The previous TFTP transfer of prompts used during installation is no longer required except during upgrades of existing memory cards.

'Record Greeting' short code feature renamed 'Auto Attendant'
A minor change is the renaming of the "Record Greeting" short code feature to "Auto Attendant" to more accurately reflect its usage.

SNMP Disk Full Warning
On IP Office systems configured for SNMP, an disk full alarm is generated when the embedded voicemail memory card reaches 90% full. In addition a critical space alarm is generated at 98% full (99% for the IP406 V2) and a OK alarms when the disk space returns to below 90% full.

Note: When the critical disk space limit is reached, the Embedded Voicemail will not record any more messages. However calls are not advised of this and are still prompted to leave messages.

CZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back