Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

direcway 6000 and linksys router problems 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcbiker

Technical User
Oct 17, 2003
US
the new DW 6000 from direcway now uses ethernet to connect. i hve readthe threads about using ICS with the old direcway USB solutions but now i am searching for a solution with my old linksys etherfast dsl/cable router which i hd been happily using for my dsl connection.

my dw 6000 talks to one of my pcs running win98SE connecting to a network card. no sooftware is installed on the pc.

but when i connect the 6000 to the WAN port of the router, the PC canot get through ... i have tried using the sme settings as with dsl and also i tried after disabling DHCP on the router and setting the mode on the router to router since the 6000 serves as a gateway.

any pointers??

I just got my DW 6000 and found the information in this thread helpful for configuring a NetGear Super G 108 MBps router.

I have one PC directly conencted to the router and one laptop with a netgear wg511t wireless adapter working perfectly.

However I have had nothing but problems with the WG311T PCI card for my other desktop. The software that came with the card is version 3.0.0.42 i believe, and basicaly it hoses the machine everytime I install it. I have 2 hd's in that machine one with win2k server and the other with windows XP pro, i swapped the hard drives around to see if the other OS would handle the software/driver any differently and it didnt.

If I am lucky enough to be able to boot up the machine (id say 1 out of 6 trys, it usualy locks up at the very end of the blue load bar Win2k) the OS will perform normaly for a minute or so and then begin to lock up. Before I know it I cant click anything but the mouse will still move. And then even that goes and the machine is locked completely.

I am wondering if anyone else out there has this new card with that same software version. Has anyone run into this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back