Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DirectX81

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Since I downloaded DirectX81 I`m having major problems and I can not uninstall it unless I reinstall Window`s98 and I can`t reinstall Windows it won`t let me what do I do?
Mickey Mouse

Hi...

You might try a Google search for DirectX uninstallers - there was one named DirectXUninst, but I think it only worked for Win95 - there may be newer versions available...

Also - don't understand why you can't reinstall Windows - in BIOS, change your boot sequence to CDRom as the first boot device, start your machine with the Win98 CD, and it should allow you to run Setup - just layer Windows on top of itself, if you don't wish to format...

Hope this helps!

John

Run a set of tests on dxdiag and see what you come up with;
> Start/Run/ type "dxdiag"(w/quotes)/click "OK"

Run a set of tests on DirectX and see what you come up with;
> Start/Run/ type "dxdiag"(w/quotes)/click "OK"

Re-install DirectX 8.1, and then re-install your video card drivers. You shouldn't be having trouble with 8.1 unless you have a very old computer. "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing....." [morning]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back