Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DirectX .X Files And Delphi 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

TBaz

Technical User
Jun 6, 2000
ES
As a hobby, I write DirectX games (or at least try to) which use .X and .3DS models like cars and planes - not in Delphi though.

I want to write a small Delphi 5 app which will quickly view the .X models I have on hard disk.

I've looked at a few of the Delphi component suites (like Delphix), but none of them seem to support actually loading .X files.

I don't want to do anything fancy with them when they are loaded - just display them in a Window until I load another one.

Rotating them would be nice, but not essential - as would support for .3DS files.

Anyone know if what I want to do is even possible? If so, what component(s) do I need?

Many thanks in advance...

TB

don't know about X files but there enough delphi 3DS resources on the net, here's an example :

-----------------------------------------------------
What You See Is What You Get
Never underestimate tha powah of tha google!

Thanks for that - I'll check it out.

3DS files are however of minor importance compared to .X files - they are the important files I need to view.

Unfortunately, if I can't view them, the program isn't really worth writing so I don't want to waste too much time on 3DS files just in case.

TB

Thanks once again!

That first link looks very promising...

TB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back