Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DirectX 9 causing SB Live sound glitch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AntiEarnie

Technical User
May 2, 2002
US
Here lately I have gotten sever PC games that use DirectX 9. I keep finding the same odd issue though. All of them seem to have sound artifacts that get really loud and annoying at random times though. I didn't know how many out there wil SB Live cards have gotting DirectX 9 Stuff to sound good all the time.

After getting that 3rd game I gave in an just upgraded to an audigy so its moot now. I'm just curious.

curiuosly i get glitch click noices on my audigy card, which i know never happened until dx9 was installed. :/ my os is win 2k

Don't know if this helps but DirectX 9.0a upgrade is out and said to resolve some issues, not sure what those issues are though. Martin

Replying helps further our knowledge, without comment leaves us wondering.

Seems like I had this happen with both 9a and 9. I've had goodluck with my Audigy2 though. Not an artifact that I can detect so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back