Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Directory Server is not responding

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdtt

Programmer
Sep 24, 2002
CA
Hi,

I am trying to configure the Cognos BI 7 version 2 suite using Sun One LDAP server. I have confirmed my DN in Sun One and have put the base DN in Access Manager-Directory Services-General, applied and it was okay. However, in Access Manager-Runtime-Directory Server with the correct DN I am getting a "the directory server myserver is not responding.

I have stopped and started the Sun One service, logged on using the Sun One console it it is okay.

Configuration Manager has the correct computer name, port 389 and correct DN: dc=mycompany, dc=net.

Does anyone have any ideas about what the problem could be?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

Is it a fresh installation ?? Or did you have previously a ladp database ?? DId you ask Configuration Manager to create the ldap database ??

Hi,

Yes it is a fresh installation and with the supplementary CD, I ran the Sun One install and the Sun One install and configure options in the setup program.

Another Update:

I reinstalled Sun One using the configure option and default settings. I applied successfully for both the cognos and sun one settings. Now I have reopened Configuration Manager and when I apply the default settings for Services->Access Manager -> runtime->Authentification Source->Directory Server I receive the following error message: the directory server mycomputer:389 is not responding. Why is this happening? How do I overcome this error?

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back