Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Directory replication problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Molenski

IS-IT--Management
Jan 24, 2002
DE
Hi there,

Am having what I'd class as a nightmare with Exchange at the mo.

Here's the story...we have one Organisation with one bridgehead server and satellite sites hanging off it. One of our satellite sites had some users deleted and their mailboxes recreated on a different server in a different site. This was about 2 weeks ago. When connecting to that site (site deletions were made at) you can see say 25 recipients but the GAL is showing 75. The changes haven't replicated to the Bridgehead at all.

On the advice of a colleague and some info I found on the web I deleted the Directory Replication Connector and ran the DS Consistency Checker, I then recreated the DRC and ran the CC again. I've set the connector to replicate at all times. Now, however, when I connect to the problem site all it sees is itself and the bridgehead. I've tried to force a replication from and too it but no joy. When I look at the site from the bridgehead I can see the site and just the configuration container (which is empty) below it.

When viewing the GAL from Outlook I still see the users that were deleted. I left this overnight last night in the vain hope that the site would be populated and the changes would filter round but :-( no! I know mail was flowing OK yesterday which is why I didn't delete the mail connector (x400) but I'm not even sure if mail is flowing today!

Help me please, I feel like ending it all!!! :)

Molenski
As my bessie bud Kev always says - Get involved!!!

i suggest that you deleted the Directory Replicators, and delete the site connectors, wait for full replication, then recreate the site connectors, and re create the dir replicators.

Let me know how it goes

i suggest that you delete the Directory Replicators, and delete the site connectors, wait for full replication, then recreate the site connectors, and re create the dir replicators.

Let me know how it goes

Did this suggestion work?

We are haveing the exact same problem?

Oh one more thing we have an x-400 connector not a site connector!

aultbmh, I presume you're ahving the same problems mentioned in the original post?

Have you turned up the diagnostic logging on the MTA and the DIr Rep connectors? What happens when you try and force a Dir Rep?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back