Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Directory "" was not found, or cannot be accessed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyrox

IS-IT--Management
Jun 3, 2005
GB
Hi, I'm having a very frustrating problem with Backup Exec 10 for Windows Servers. It is set up to back up network shares on both its own server (Win2k3 SBS domain controller) and on two other machines. A few weeks ago, it suddenly started failing jobs. It only fails to back up data on its own server (it backs up data on the other machines fine). The error that it gives is
"Directory was not found, or could not be accessed".(notice the double space after Directory, as if the directory has no name).

So far I've tried:
(1) Reinstalling completely (three times)
(2) I've checked the Resource Credentials for the source folders - all ok.
(3) Updating BE to the latest Service Pack (5) and hotfix (39).
(4) resetting all file and registry permissions using SUBINACL
(5) changing the destination device
(6) changing the source folder to a simple folder on the C: drive

Nothing works - I get the same error.

I'm at the end of my patience now!

Has anyone seen this before? I've googled it a lot but not found anything yet.

Any help appreciated!

Andy

Hi, im having the same problem, did you found a solution?

No - it's still failing. I'm ditching Backup Exec and going with another package. If you discover a fix please let me know! I suspect it's got something to do with an automatic Windows update somewhere along the line, but I can't easily roll back the updates as it's on a live 24/7 server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back