Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Directory number to leave voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevedb55

Technical User
Aug 17, 2005
GB
Hi, I am trying to setup a number on my Call Manager which just answers callers with a voicemail message (no ability to leave a message), no phone will be associated with this number, no outbound dialling required. Any ideas how to implement this?

Thanks

Thanks, I tried to setup a CTI RP with a DDI DN (1234) which is set to call forward all to vm, then created a vm account with ext 1234, but when I call into 1234 I get number unobtainable...any ideas where I'm going wrong?

if you are using 4 digit dialing then do this;

Create a new CTI RP

on the DN do one that is either *XXXX or #XXXX (not sure if you are using the * or # currently, so choose one that is not being used)

in the forward ALL call's box, check the box that says go to voicemail.

what this will do for you is, when ever someone presses * or # and then the 4 digit ext, it will forward them to their voicemail box.

Now if you just want a random ext to go to VM (like an auto attendant) then you need to go in and set up a random ext (1234 should work) on the CTI RP. Forward all calls to voicemail like above, but this time go into Unity and set up a Call Handler or Subscriber that will be taking the calls.

------------------------------------
Dallas, Texas
Telecommunications Tech
CCVP, CCNA, Net+

CCNP in the works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back