Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Directory Missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

leftyx

MIS
Dec 3, 2003
US
Hey all. I was recently told the corporate directory listing is gone from the phones. I am not even sure where to start looking. I know CCM fairly well but have no idea where the directory was set up. If anyone could point me in general directions that would be greatly appreciated.

I had this happen to me once and between the phones and the server was an ACL blocking TFTP. The Corp Dir is apparently pulled down TFTP by the phones.

But the server is the CCM itself. What ACL would be on that?

I'm talking about a network device, switch or router, between the phones and the CCM server. Sorry, I wasn't very clear.

Are you sure that you have the Enterprise parameters configured correctly. I would also use a sniffer and have a look at whether the phones are able to resolve the directory server etc. Personally I use the DominoComms MultiDir product as this give me access into my multiple worldwide clusters and AD servers. Never had a problem of it disappearing!!

I have seen this occur whenever we retrograded the firmware on the phones, ie, take the phone firmware (flash) back to a previous level for some reason. Several monthe ago we reflashed 1700 phones with earlier firmware (9.02 from previous 9.1.1) only to take a severe beating from our users the following day. They not only lost their directories but also lost their call history & custom ringer settings and screen backgrounds as well. It was not a good day.

(For those interested in why we rolled back, 9.1.1 firmware did not correctly support the Electronic Hookswitch feature with the Jabra GO-6470 series bluetooth headsets, though the prior firmware did. Go figure)

Original MUG/NAMU Charter Member

I ran into this again on an install. I had to change the server name from an alpha-numeric name to the IP address to have the Corp directory show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back