Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

directory in definity/audix system

Status
Not open for further replies.

fmkjr

IS-IT--Management
Feb 21, 2003
US
I cant figure out how to change directory listings in the definity/audix system nor can i change the display on the phones ( i can reset the passwords and reset the user name inside the system ex: change subscriber)

Thbkas in advance

The directory is a function of the Definity system, not the Audix system. Use cha station and/or cha agent to modify the directory entries. Any station or agent name beginning with an * or an ~ in the first position will not appear in the directory. Susan
Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer. - Mark Twain

so from there i can change the name of a users phone in the directory and on the users phones display.
example ext 1501 Delores smith used to have
now bob jones is at 1501 by using change station and inputing the new name the directory will be fixed so that it delores wont point to 1501 and the users correct name will show up on the phone at 1501

That's correct. If you have a personnel change in your office (Delores Smith is gone; Bob Jones is now at her old extension), then you need to make the change in Definity and (if there is a voicemail box for that station) Audix.

If you have ASA, you can use the Change User option under the General tab. Or use the cha sta and cha sub in the Definity and Audix systems, respectively.

Susan
Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer. - Mark Twain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back