Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Directory Does not have write permission

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigOrangeMonkey

Programmer
Aug 27, 2002
GB
Ive been working on a web project all day, then all of a sudden when I try to add another usercontrol I get the error "Directory does not have write permissions".

Ive checked all the directories that I use (that I'm aware of) and they all have write access!

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Steve.

In addition to this I have worked out some more, when I create a new project I can add one ascx, but when I try to add another I start getting the directory does not have write permissions error.

I found the following article but this is only when using a remote server, I am using a local one.

any ideas?

Thanks,
Steve.

By a local one do you mean in is on your LAN or it is on the machine you are working on.

I believe that they include a server on your LAN as a remote server. That'l do donkey, that'l do
[bravo] Mark
If you are unsure of forum etiquette check here faq796-2540

That was my theory of the month so I am afraid I'm all out. Not sure what is causing this. If I run across a solution I'll let you know. That'l do donkey, that'l do
[bravo] Mark
If you are unsure of forum etiquette check here faq796-2540

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back