Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Director - Process Management feature help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kooch

Technical User
Feb 20, 2002
CA

Hi everyone,

I have Director 5.10 on all the PCs on my network and I'm having the following problem. I'm attempting to use the Process Management to have a test PC run an executable from a mapped network drive. Whenever I attempt to run the Process Task I get the following error:

Command "Y:\test.exe" targeting TESTPC has completed with Other Error[-637530360]

I can create tasks to run anything that's on the test PC locally (say for example C:\test.exe which works fine) but as soon as there's a mapped drive involved I get this error. I have already tried changing the path to the full UNC equivalent to no avail.

Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

Solution:

This error was being caused by the fact that there are two logins involved here. One is the Director server logging onto the client PC to actually run the command, and the other is the login for network resource. Since there is only room to enter one username and password the workaround I found was to create a local administrator account on the PCs that had the same username and password as a Novell account with sufficient privileges to access what I needed.
This would be the exact same case if I was trying to access something from a Windows server as well, there would have to be an account on the client PC that matched a Windows account on the server with access to the files needed to run.

Maybe someone will run across this post and it'll help them not bang they're head into a wall like I was doing for the past few days!

Hello there
I shall appreciate if some one can advise the best server configuration for java based application with about 9000 classes with multi client server environment, Jav swing gui intensive application with atleast 40- 50 clients
Thanks
sunda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back