Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Director Defaults

Status
Not open for further replies.

rgerrard

MIS
Apr 13, 2005
CA
I've just rolled out IBM Director 4.20 to all of our servers, and it's working well, except for one annoyance. By default, Director is alerting me on Disk Space and showing the Critical icon for each server not above a certain threshold.

My question is, is there a way to change this default threshold? I realize the space on these servers is running low, but I also know that it will not increase and do not want alerts generated for it. I've looked into the Event Action Plans and can see where Critical alerts are generated by Disk Space, but these Simple Filters can not be changed. If I can't turn off the alert for disk space, does anyone know if there is a place to at least change the threshold it generates an alert at?

Thanks in advance for any help. Logging into Director to find a bunch of Critical events for what I consider a non-critical issue is a bit alarming. It would seem strange that the application is so customizable, yet could have these hard coded thresholds built in.

-- Ryan

I believe you can change the threshholds for individual servers and clients in the Deirector Agent web access.

If you've not used the web access before, " will bring up the access for the particular computer where you want to change the settings. You'll need to accept the security certificate, and install Java if it's not already loaded. Also, you'll need administrator privileges on the local system, and you'll be asked to log in twice: once for web page privileges, and again for java access privileges.

The web access itself is slow, but it works well. Once logged in, click on the Tasks tab on the left, then Health under Configuration. You'll see the Thressholds listing in the main screen.

Good luck.

David Marcus
David@Dimarc.com

Yes, you can change the threshold in the web-based access. You can also choose to ignore the alert from the Hardware Status pane in Director Console. Just click the icon in the lower right of the main Console.

Catorze is correct, but if you select "ignore", the events will come back the next time you restart the server. Also, ignoring the events does not allow for secondary events to tell you when the desired threshhold has been reached...

Dimarc67

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back