Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Director agent using Diragagnent.rsp to Talk to Director server

Status
Not open for further replies.

curran

Technical User
Dec 4, 2003
Hi all ,

I have did an unattended install of Director agents 4.20 on win2003 server I have configured them via Diragent.rsp file . In the diragnet RSp I have specified to use the ADDKNOWNSERVER option os I have included the IP address of my Director managmente server. I have also configured the director server to Autaddunknown agents that contact the server which must be clicked on in order for the ADDKnownserver to work properly at least thats whaty the doc says. Anyways I have has limited succes with this method and would like to hear from someone who has has success in a LAN/WAN environment. I have to rollout 1400 win 2003 server and Would not like to have to use Director discovery over 128k links can I have recently upped my agent network timeout to 30 seconds from the default of 15 but this does not seem to have done much. Help!!!

jcurran@ca.ibm.com

You will also need to configure Relay Agents on the Director Server to map a "gateway" to the subnets of the managed Agents. The Director Server must know how to get to the Agents.

The agent should be contacting the server via UDP because the diragent.rsp is configured with the Managments servers IP address . I Can ping from managment server to the nodes in question adn from the nodes in question to the managment server yet they do not show up in Director as being discovered unless I add them manually.

You mentioned "limited success", were the successful Agents in the same subnet as the Management Server? If you manually add an Agent, can the Management Server successfully inventory the Agent? Have you configured the Relay Agents yet? Have you opened the appropriate ports on all routers between the Management Server and the Agents?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back