Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Director 4.21 - System shows as unavailable when it IS turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seabz420

IS-IT--Management
Jul 14, 2003
CA
We've upgraded all of our workstations, clients and Servers to Director 4.21 (WIn XP workstations, Win2003 server). Now, we have a group of workstations that all show up as unavailable when they ARE turned on. If I go and reset the computer, they will show up but some time over night they will show as offline. Could it be the Network Timeout setting on the workstation agent? ALSO, when I come in in the morning, I see a lot of workstations unavailable in my console. If I restart the server support service, most of the systems become available (not the ones I spoke of above). Any ideas?

Try setting the presence check interval to something like every 15 minutes and see if that helps.

HTH - Stiddy

It was already at 15mins, so I've lowered it to 10mins...I've also lowered the Auto Discover setting to 1hr...

Pardon the obvious...

Make sure the Windows Firewall is disabled on the clients, or at least is set to allow IBM Director to communicate. If you've disabled the firewall via Group Policy, make sure the clients have their policies updated.

Have you made sure that the IBM Director Support Program service on the agents is running? Also, are you sure that you have good connectivity to the agents (i.e. can you ping them?). To expand on the firewall comment above, make sure that tcp and udp port 14247 are open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back