Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Director 4.20.2 - Out of Bound Management Hardware....

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtlscot

IS-IT--Management
Mar 15, 2004
GB
We have upgraded our Director server to version 4.20.2 and partially upgraded our other servers to the same level. The remaining servers are still on 4.11. Since we have move to 4.20 we have noticed a strange anomaliy in the server console. A number of the hosts that we are managaging have a question mark with a lightning bolt beside the host name. When you place the mouse over this icon the following message appears

"Out of Bound Management Hardware connectivity has not been validated"

Does anyone know what this message is referring to and how we can correct.

Much appreciated.

Graeme

have you check on your network configuration when you upgraded? whether still enabled? im referring to those network connections for your IBM director server..

anyway, bro, i may need your help as well from ibm director, are you well verse on it? can you please read my inquiries re IBM director.. thanks!

Sorry I am not quite sure what you are referring to. I ask this as machines that we have not upgraded yet and are still on 4.11 are receving this information.

As requested I will look at your other posts

Thanks

G

You must have RSA adapters installed and Now Dicector director itself cannot talk to them poperly. Drag the Communications taks under MPA assitant from the Tasks panel
onto the servers with question marsk and configure the paramters . This should get rid of the question Mark.

Curanny

Thanks for the information. We have attempted this and configured as advised in the help file however this has not removed the question marks. We can however still contact the RSA cards. Further advice would still be helpful

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back