Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Director 3.1 SP1 (3.11) - Installation Prerequesitions

Status
Not open for further replies.

stripeset

MIS
Mar 12, 2003
AT
Hello NG,

I have a big Problem with the IBM Director 3.1 to get it running.

I installed the Director Server several Times in different configurations but it doesn´t work.
I want to install it on a xSeries 345 which is W2k Domaincontroller and want to use the SQL Database. and several Extensions.

During installation the database is created.
Then, without rebooting, i apply the SP to upgrade to V3.11.
After the reboot, the Services seem to start and in the Database various Tables are generated, but then all services stop and in the File "TWGSERVER.ERR" the following is recorded:
Application Error:
Error Code: 15
Error Message: com.tivoli.twg.engine.TWGGatewayInitException: Error Initializing link driver - com.tivoli.twg.libs.TCPIPLink

I have enabled one of the NICs in the configuration Program!

Maybe someone of you has a similiar problem or a solution for this!

Thanks
Kind regards ______________________________
Mario Taferl
LANe solutions
stripeset@gmx.net

Hi there, we are running Director on IBM 345's and 342's. We have found that you have to install it the console it and you need to reboot after the intial installation. Other than that we have found it easier to get it running under windows 2000 vs nt4.

Maybe the Problem is within the Libraries of this TWGGateway, whatever this is.

Perhaps the problem comes from a failed JAVA-Installation?

Kind regards ______________________________
Mario Taferl
LANe solutions
stripeset@gmx.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back