Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Director 3.1 snap in

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsetaro

MIS
Aug 9, 2001
US
Does anyone know if there is a snap in for Director 3.1 to do screen views?

If you mean the remote control abilitiy,
you have to install it at the beginning through director setup.
it is called "web based remote control" or similiar, but i´ve not yet tested it, so i don´t know how it works !

kind regards ______________________________
Mario Taferl
LANe solutions
stripeset@gmx.net

You don't want to use web-based remote control. Instead, use IBM Director's native Remote Control. If you access a remote system in 'monitor' mode, you can see their screen without taking over their keyboard and mouse. What specifically are you trying to do?

What I'm trying to do is take a screen shot of a P.C. without the user knowing. I can go into Monitor mode, but the user sees that I'm in the P.C.

A snap-in would be very handy but I'm not awrae of one. Director's predecessor (IBM Netfinity) did have a screen view facility in addition to remote control, but bizarrely this function was dropped in the move to Director.

jsetaro... im quite confuse.. you want to log in without the user knowing it yet the user sees that you are in the pc? hmmm which is which?hehehe
actually, both can be done with ibm director.. it has both features and some more it is free and comes with all ibm servers.. and has about 10 non-obm clients for free.. better use it instead..you can monitor or ask permission to the user as well..

What I want to do is be able to capture a user's screen without them knowing. If you are familiar with IBM Netfinity, it had a feature called "Screen View" which did a screen shot. That's what I'm trying to do.

That function does not exist in IBM Director. In some countries, it is illegal to access someone's screen without their knowledge or consent (privacy laws). Since IBM Director is available world-wide and will install in any (supported) language, the feature was removed. Netfinity Manager had language-specific installation media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back