Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Directives

Status
Not open for further replies.

alsnafe911

IS-IT--Management
Jun 9, 2002
QA
Guys
i know this might be a simple issue but i can't make it to work..what i want is to exclude one directory from a save set say for example iam backing up c:\legato and under this directory there is c:\legato\mail which i don't want to backup how can i exclude it from my backup using directives????.....help is very appreciated

Hi!

Create a directive like this.

<< &quot;c:\legato\mail&quot; >>
+skip: *.*

the catalog will get backedup but no files with in and no sub dirs
/Ulf

ulsj
Thank you very much for your help. it worked fine but one more question...how about if i do want to backup this directory on the weekly backup do i have to take the directives out and puts it back after it finishes the backup or is there away to specify that this directive should run on one group and not on another group

Hi!

You should be able to create a new client resurce.
One for group1 and one for group2. And then only select the directive on the client in one off the groups.

/Ulf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back