Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Directing URL through Router

Status
Not open for further replies.

toughGirl

MIS
Mar 26, 2001
I'm completely at a loss.. and admit I've been fiddling so much, I don't know where I've ended up. I have 2 problems 1) when I try to load my domain or IP, it kicks me to a subdirectory of my website and 2) it just plain doesn't load my default.htm page and never errors out.

For the first problem:
My domain name (lnltour.com) is parked at godaddy.com. There site is confusing, but I've combed through everything i could think of to see why it is kicking me to this subdirectory, and I can't find it. I've also looked all over my IIS properties and can't find anything there either. Any ideas here?

For the second problem (which shouldn't have much to do with the first because I've placed the same files in the 'Default website' as well as the 'ourspace' subdirectory):
I'm running a LINKSYS WRT300N Router with an IP address of 67.168.56.189. I set up single port forwarding to my computer's IP address on the DNS setting and HTTP setting. I also set up port range forwarding for the port 80 to 80. Security is such that it appears I should have no problem allowing access to the IP address of my computer. On Godaddy, I have 2 A hosts set up 'lnltour.com' goes to 67.168.56.189 and ' goes to the same. I'm trying to cover all bases, but nothing so far has worked.

Please let me know if you have any ideas for problem 1 or 2.

thanks!

tG
--{-{@

Have you tried setting up a host header value in IIS for the site?

Also have to looked at the coding of the site for any problems? Does it work locally at all?

When i tried to load the page it in IE, IE gets messed up and does like it at all, there is some java script in the home page messing it up, when i load the site in Firefox with a script blocking the site loads ok and gives me a picture of 2 people. If i enable scripts in Firefox it does the same thing as IE does, so it likes like the java script need the top of the coding of the site is messing things up for you.

Most likely this bit of code,

<script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript">
window.location="

genius, my friend, genius.

thanks tons.

tG
--{-{@

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back