Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Directed Restore on a NetWare 5.1 server

Status
Not open for further replies.

MHartsock

Technical User
Jul 17, 2001
US
Does anyone know if you can perform a directed restore on a NetWare 5.1 server? I have a NetWare 5.1 server with Networker client 4.15 installed. When I try to do a directed restore from a NetWare 4.11 server to this 5.1 server (instructing it from the 5.1 server), Networker says "index not available." If I instruct this directed restore from the 4.11 server, then the directed restore works fine.

If I instruct this directed restore from a NetWare 5.1 server that has been upgraded from NetWare 4.11, then the directed restore works fine.

It only seems to be a problem when I instruct any directed restore from a native NetWare 5.1 server.

Anyone have any ideas?

I do directed restores on Netware 5.1 servers all the time. We don't have any older Netware OS's, though, so I can't confirm that your problem is isolated or a bug in Networker.

Are your NetWare 5.1 servers upgrades from an older version or are they all clean builds? The directed restores seem to work if they are performed from a NetWare 5.1 server that has been upgraded.

They are all clean builds that replaced older servers with older versions of the OS. We upgraded the hardware in addition to upgrading the OS so we just did clean installs and replaced the boxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back