Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

direct transfer to voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Statictek

Technical User
Feb 27, 2004
CA
I have a weird situation with one of our customers. When reception tries to do a direct to VM transfer, callers end up hitting the Auto attendant instead. They don't reach the mailbox and end up having to call back as they do not know the extension number. Reception tries again and it usually works. This problem is intermittent and doesn't happen very often. Has anyone ever run in to this? If so, why does it happen and how do you fix it?

you dont have enough ports probably ...
if its a 2 port system only 2 people can use it ...pls post ystem details as telemarv said

Sorry, Here are system details:

Mics w/5.0 s/w
Norstar applications mod. w/ 4.1 s/w
8 ports on VM
4 station mods
1 ASM
roughly 80+ sets
Full PRI

Hope this helps
thanks for the replies

just wanted to make sure you are using
vm direct transfer as feature 986 followed by the mailbox

and not by the dialing the VM DN

yes, receptionist is using F986. If all ports are busy how do the callers reach the auto attendant?

Thats what i was just going to say- they could not go to AA if all ports busy. Typically these are caused by user error. I would go onsite and make sure they are doing it correctly before anything else.

I do not think it is user error as the receptionist has been doing this for a very long time. Like I said in my first post, this is quite a weird scenario. Thanks for the replies so far.

I'm with bkrike, observe the action first hand. I was stumped before...the recept said she was "using F986". In reality she was using an auto dial key LABELED as "VM XFR" but was actually programmed w/VMDN.
Good luck!

DueE

Ther maybe an issue with the keypad of receptionist phone or the receptionist is keying the wrong maibox number. When using F986 you have to manually enter the mailbox number. If the wrong digits are entered (or received) and you try to VM xfer to a non existant mailbox and "return to AA" is set to Y the caller will be sent to the AA.

You need a patch for redirect. I had this problem with the 5.0 mics and the NAM. I got a patch that I still carry on floppy 3.5 for this trouble. Nobody could transfer F986, the patch definitely fixed it.

Tommygun

The patch fixes NAM’s when the problem happens on every call. Statictek’s was an intermittent problem.

Just had a similar problem with MICS 4.0 and NAM. Rebooted the system and it started working again. I too thought it was something the receptionist was doing as I could dial in to the rad phone and when the 2nd line flashed, I could transfer to vm every time. When I arrived onsite, I could not transfer from several phones with F986 consistantly. So Reboot worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back