Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Direct to VM is not working... 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikevogt

IS-IT--Management
Aug 29, 2005
US
This is really stupidly easy, or that's what I thought. Since upgrading to an IP500 V2 (v 6.0(14) on the controller) I cannot get the thing to work. This worked perfectly on the IP406 I had before. When somebody hits # followed by the extension it always goes directly to the dialer's VM, NOT the extension entered after the #. I'm completely at a loss at this point and hope for some help. Here's how the short code is setup (our extensions are two digits only):
Code: #XX
Feature: Voicemail Collect
Telephone Number: #"N
Line Group ID: 0
Locale: BLANK
No check on Force Account Code

Funny thing is when I enter #"N" it automatically changes it to #"N. The same thing happens if I enter "#"N, which I think is really weird. If I enter just #N is changes it to "#N".

What shows up on my 4424 phone dispaly is:
#N
#Extension entered

Then just #N when it connects to the callers VM and not the intended mailbox.

Here's the trace log:
6/20/11 9:21:35 AM-435ms Extension = 71, Digit dialed, Digit = #
6/20/11 9:21:35 AM-436ms Call Ref = 228, Originator State = Dialling, Type = User, Destination Type = none
6/20/11 9:21:35 AM-966ms Extension = 71, Digit dialed, Digit = 6
6/20/11 9:21:36 AM-159ms Extension = 71, Digit dialed, Digit = 8
6/20/11 9:21:36 AM-160ms Call Ref = 228, Short Code Matched = System, #XX
6/20/11 9:21:36 AM-164ms Call Ref = 228, Originator State = Ringback, Type = User, Destination State = Alerting, Type = Target List
6/20/11 9:21:42 AM-166ms Call Ref = 228, Originator State = Connected, Type = User, Destination State = Connected, Type = Mailbox
6/20/11 9:21:42 AM-166ms Call Ref = 228, Answered, Mailbox #N

Hopefully I covered everything. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm at wits end!

Mike

Change the feature to dial, then change the tel to "#"N. Then change the feature back to voicemail collect and it should leave the " in there.

Wow, that easy. Thanks Telecomboy for the solution. Star given.

It's baffling that it does this.

Thanks again, I really appreciate it!

Mike

Avaya can't be arsed to fix it, been going on for years :)

qurified_message-1.png

Lucky us for having such an omnipotent leader who allows us to buy their wonderful system! Thankfully I have folks like you all to get me though these bizarre things (Really, how hard would it be to fix?? COME ON AVAYA!!).

Mike

How hard is it to check it yourself?
I know a brand (Mitel) who only gives errors when you are doing something wrong.
You need to think yourself.
Avaya tried to do that thinking for you, they only made a mistake with it!

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Most people correct their mistakes at the next given opportunity though :)

qurified_message-1.png

Thanks tlpeter for your help and arrogance. The solution just does not seem intuitive to me and it did not occur to me to do such a thing to get what I needed done, so I asked for help from folks who know this system much better than I admittedly do. I agree that it IS a mistake Avaya made and it SHOULD have been corrected versions ago. I don't think asking for help means I don't think for myself. Every FAQ, technical document, other web site says I should be able to enter "#"N in telephone number and none state that it must be on dial to get that. So, I guessed there was a problem with my system since nobody else let on that this happened. Hopefully this helps somebody else sometime.

Ah well, an internet forum, I guess it should be expected.

I thank those who like to help us for their help and ask that those with nothing constructive or helpful to say just pass by threads such as these.

Thanks,
Mike

yeah peter you arrogant unhelpful SoB!
such a tough guy behind the keyboard ;-)

ACSS - SME
General Geek

CallUsOn.png

1832163.png

We wouldn't condone or advise such actions though, HSM's just says "Hello"

qurified_message-1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back