Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Direct to VM feature

Status
Not open for further replies.

inkkspot

Programmer
Aug 22, 2005
US
Being an IP Office newbie I asked my Avaya University trainer how to build a Direct to VM (VM Transfer) button. I knew that some of our sites would insist on this feature as all of the previous Avaya systems have it. He was unable to tell me how the IPO did this. The scenario is a call comes into the operator at a law firm. The call is for partner A who is in court. The customer wants to be able to press a Direct to VM button and the BLF button for partner A then hang up and have the call go directly into partner A's VM box without ringing his phone. They previously had a partner or magix system and it worked that way before. They are not going to be happy with hitting long strings of buttons to effect the transfer. Any help figuring out this missing feature would be greatly appreciated.
Zeke

First of all if Partner A is at court he should have pressed DND or something similar and the problem wouldn't be here :)

But anyway, usually I make a shortcode for this feature, lets say we what to transfer to extn 201 VM-box.

#2XX
#2N
VoicemailCollect

Partner be now only has to press transfer, #201, transfer and the call ends up in voicemail.

Are you using Softconsole?? it is the simpliest way and with Enhanced BLF you can see the current status of the user

Operator hits F3, clicks the user's extension in the popup box then clicks the Voicemail button and away it goes.

Phone manager also allows direct transfer to voicemail

Take Care

Matt
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back