Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Direct Ring to Prime 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MISgirl

MIS
May 7, 2002
US
Can anyone tell me how to make one of my lines ring back to prime?

DRT to Prime. Delayed Ring Transfer to Prime Set

Under System programming - Show
Hunt Groups - Next until you see
Featr Settings - Show
Backgrnd music: Y - Next until you see
DRT to prime: (Y) or (N)- Next
DRT Delay : (4) set to how ever many rings you want.

Hope this is helpful,
MRoberts

Sorry, but I don't get the same. Hunt groups is not found. When I enter configuration, I show configuration then I get:
1. Trk/Line Data
2. Line Access
3. Call Handling
4. Miscellaneous
5. System Data

Under Miscellaneous, I get the background music option, and under Call Handling is the DRT to Prime: N/Y option. But, I can't choose the N/Y option for a specific line. I make the change, but I think that it changes ALL 14 lines instead of just one. Do you think you might be able to help me change just the one line? My Norstar VM version is 2.20, if that helps.

Thanks for your help!

At configuration press the show key 1st arrow on right
press the next key 2nd arrow on right until you see call handling
press show ( first key on right)
2nd key on right until you see DRT to Prime make sure that is set to yes then set you DRT delay to what ever you want your rings to be. Make sure if you have fwd no answer set up that there is not a conflict with the number of rings.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks
Michelle M.Parnell
(norstargirl)

Thanks, Michelle. There isn't a conflict in the number of rings. My problem is that I set the DRT to Y, but that will make all 14 lines ring to prime. I just want one line to ring (we have a 'delicate' setup). Is there any way I can choose which line rings back to prime?

Question: Does it matter that the prime I want to ring back to is an information mailbox that I set up (instead of a voicemail box)?

The Prime set is an EXT that you set on the line. It cannot be a voicemail box at all. You could have it go to an extension then forward that phone to vmail.

The DRT to Prime setting is for all lines and cannot be set just for one line.

What is the application? What is it that they are trying to accomplish exactly?

MRoberts

The application is Norstar Startalk (Flash?). I have an external line that comes into the building separate from the lines that are in the system. I want this line to ring to an information mailbox when no one answers. Doing this will free up a table so that I can assign another line to the table and utilize the tree for the new line. As it stands now, the line that I am trying to Ring to Prime, is wasting a table.

It is possible for lines to be set individually. We have them set for four other lines that ring to an extension already.

This is difficult to explain and hopefully not too difficult to understand. If so, I apologize. I sincerely appreciate ALL help that has been given. I'm almost at the end of my rope with this! I've contacted the technician, but he wasn't even able to help!

Where is the line ringing in at? What extention or extensions?
You could (if you have the right sw level) assign the line to a hunt group, ring at the extensions, then overflow to the first port of the vmail.
Build a mailbox that is assigned to the hunt group DN and the call will overflow to the mailbox.
Now... it will not be an information mailbox, but you could record the greeting then silence so that the caller thinks that's all there is.
This way you aren't using tables or DRT to Prime or anything like that.
Whatta ya think?
MRoberts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back