Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Direct Push Not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rookcr

MIS
Aug 12, 2002
US
Ok, So direct push must require the knowlege to slingshot someone aroung the moon in a manned craft. I must be missing something.

I am running Exchange 2003 SP2 behind a Pix 515. I am able to access OWA externally and have no issues. I am adding a Cingular 8125 device and I cannot get the direct push to work. I have tried the following link:

So far no go. Any tips or documentation that someone can reccommend?

Cheers~

How much diagnostic logging have you enabled on the server? Are you actually getting any errors? At what point in the connection process do things break down?

Working on the issue. I do not see anything concrete in my pix logs but I do see some connection resets. Do I have to change the routing. On the device it says I am synchronizing folders but it just hangs there

On the device I get a support code
0x85020003

Found the error. Trying to decide if it is my Cingular Data connection or on my side.

Ok. So after talking with Cingular support (not helpful I get a different error code.
0x80072F17

According to on line sites it is the following:

Unspported Digital Certificate installed. If you installed a digital certificate that supports wildcards from a certifying digital certificate provider, this certificate will install however using the certificate is not supported. Replace the digital certificate with one that does not use wildcards and is listed in the root certificate store on the device. Contact your network administrator for assistance.

I used the Microsoft Cert Generator.

Here is the update.

I temporarily disabled the SSL requirements and rerouted through my Pix and it is working. The Cert was created using the microsoft cert store.

Any ideas?

Buy a cheap real SSL cert from GoDaddy, install that on the server and on the client PDA. Sometimes the PDAs are picky about the trust tree.

Several times in the past I have had to export each separate cert in a root tree and copy it to my PDA via ActiveSync, then install each before I've gotten the certs for Exchange ActiveSync to work.

But I will say, I have gotten it to work with the local server-issued cert before.

Shack. Thanks I will look into it and keep everyone posted.

So now I have it looking for for a certificate to authenticate against. How do I install a cert on the WM5 device. It looks like it installs but still does not work.

Bpj

Please re-read the articles, there are several tips on using certs in it

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]

Thank you all for your assistance. I recreated a cert in my cert store and also placed it on my device.

Works great.

Cheers~

You're welcome

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]

Ok so I am back. I am unable to get this to work on a new HW6925. I did notice a cert enroller program from HP but not sure how I would use it.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back